If you're planning on attending your first event at the Moonlight Amphitheatre, we've prepared these tips just for you.
The Moonlight Amphitheatre is:
- San Diego's Number One Outdoor Theatre as named by readers of San Diego Magazine
- A state-of-the-art stage house with a superior outdoor sound system including Surround Sound
- A beautiful outdoor venue framed with tall eucalyptus trees, a Great Lawn on the hillside at the rear of the Amphitheatre, lawns for picnicking with nightly summer sunsets before each show
- A summertime tradition that welcomes picnicking inside the Amphitheatre allowing for the enjoyment of the company of family and friends
Moonlight Stage Productions is:
- An award-winning and critically acclaimed theatre company producing four blockbuster Broadway musicals each summer. Our productions feature a mix of actors from Broadway, professional regional talent, and superior regional artists. Our productions are accompanied by live orchestras in the orchestra pit. Our shows often feature the Broadway sets and costumes. You can't get this kind of quality without travelling to New York!
Moonlight Presents is:
- A presenting program offering artists and productions that tour locally or nationally. Moonlight Presents offers programming at the Moonlight Amphitheatre year-round outside of the Summer Season of Moonlight Stage Productions.
How Do I Get Tickets?For Moonlight Stage Productions, a subscription is the best deal in town. Single tickets are also a great option.
Tell me about seating
The Moonlight Amphitheatre has two types of seating: Lawn Seating and Reserved Seats.
- Lawn Seating: yes, you actually do sit on the lawn! But leave your chair at home because we supply them for you at no extra charge when you enter the Amphitheatre. The Amphitheatre’s audience seating area is comprised of rows of tiers with lawns as well as the Great Lawn on the hillside at the rear of the venue. Please note that outside lawn chairs are not permitted inside the Amphitheatre.
RESERVED LAWN SEATING. For the lawn area in the main audience area, we offer reserved lawn seating. This option eliminates having to line-up early to reach the best lawn seating closest to the stage.
GENERAL ADMISSION LAWN AT DISCOUNTED PRICES. We have designated lawn areas in the main audience area as well as on the Great Lawn at the rear of the Amphitheatre on the hillside as General Admission lawn seating. Lawn chairs are provided at the entrance for no additional charge. Outside lawn chairs are not permitted inside of the Amphitheatre.
- Reserved Seats: these are traditional, stadium-style seats. There are three sections: Orchestra (the seating area nearest to the stage), Reserved (the seating area behind the Orchestra section), and the Fringe section (located on the sides of each row within the Reserved Section). The Fringe section is discounted. Some patrons like to bring a seat cushion, and you're welcome to as well. Not too high though, your fellow audience members behind you want to see the stage as well.
- Just show me a seating chart!
What are my food and drink options?
We have a few options for you to make your Moonlight experience even more enjoyable:
- Picnicking: bring your own picnic supper to the Amphitheatre and enjoy some social time with family and friends. We open our gates 1.5 hours before each show so that you can enjoy picnicking under the summer sky.
- Dining: our on-site restaurant, the Luna Café, opens two hours before every summer musical. The Cafe offers a themed menu for each musical (menus are available late spring).
- Concessions: the Luna Café also operates our two concessions stands at the Amphitheatre. A wide variety of food and drinks are for sale before the show and during intermission. Visit the link for the concessions and wine and beer menus.
- Alcohol: outside alcohol may not be brought into the Amphitheatre. The Luna Café sells a variety of wines and beers.
Where may I picnic?
We welcome patrons to enjoy eating on one of the lawns inside the Amphitheatre. There are also picnic tables inside the Amphitheatre (located to the right of the stage as well as on the Great Lawn on the hillside at the rear of the Amphitheatre). For those who have seating in the orchestra or reserved seats, you may sit at the picnic tables or bring a blanket to easily sit and enjoy, then fold it up as you move to your seats.
You may also picnic outside of the Amphitheatre in Brengle Terrace Park which the theatre sits in the middle of. There are numerous picnic tables and grassy areas throughout the park.
May I bring my kids?
Absolutely! We love to see families enjoying themselves at the Moonlight Amphitheatre. Children two years and older are required to have a ticket. We encourage you to research musicals to determine the appropriateness for children.
Is the Moonlight a good place to bring a date?
The San Diego Union-Tribune named the Moonlight Amphitheatre one of the most romantic places in San Diego County to bring a date! Date nights at the Moonlight are memorable for our picnicking or dining at the Luna Café, and for the experience of seeing a professionally produced Broadway musical or first-rate concert. We start your date night off right. The rest is up to you!
What's the parking situation?
Free parking is available adjacent to the Amphitheatre within Brengle Terrace Park. Look for the directional signs as you drive into the park. We operate a free shuttle in the main grass parking lot before and after the show. Download a map here.
Is there anything else I need to know?For general theatre policies, click here. If you have more questions and would like to talk to a live human being, we’d love to hear from you. Call us at 760.724.2110 weekdays from Noon to 5 pm.
What is ClubM?ClubM is our INDOOR cabaret space at the Moonlight Amphitheatre. Concerts are offered January through March. Get the line-up here.
Box Office 760.724.2110
Buy tickets online